Sports

Total turnaround in MotoGP

Cradical change in the situation that blocks the market 2025 MotoGP: the decision of Ducati about who will occupy the second seat in the official team next season alongside Pecco Bagnaia.

Last week, those of Borgo Panigale They conveyed their idea to those affected: Jorge Martin would go up to the factory set and Marc Márquez I had room in the Prima Pramac. This is how he published it La Gazzetta dello Sport last Thursday.

However, the eight-time champion upset everyone’s plans when he learned this. “The Prima Pramac is not an option for me“I am a man with clear ideas,” he said very seriously at the press conference, while Martinator was smiling.

At Ducati this felt bad, since they wanted to develop negotiations this week, after the grand prix at home. The Bolognese bosses tested and saw that the one from Cervera only agreed to go to the official team, as Martín had also already suggested.

APRILIA

unexpected twist

Thus, faced with the prospect of losing him, they have turned back and, as MARCA has learned, They informed Jorge Martín that the agreement they had to go up is a dead letter. This is what happened on Sunday night on the Tuscany route. The man from Madrid wanted to discuss the matter further, but he had no choice, so he turned to Aprilia.

The truth is that I did not imagine that a pilot of Jorge’s level could be free

Massimo Rivola (CEO of Aprilia)

Thus, the Noale firm announced yesterday afternoon the hiring of Martín to replace Aleix Espargaró, which retires at the end of the season. When the bomb signing became official, Massimo Rivola He did not hide his satisfaction. “I am very happy that Jorge has made this decision, and if it has done it from rage it is possible that it will even be a tenth faster in 2025. I have seen him very happy. Maybe it wasn’t clear in her head that she had to make a decision, but he made it. The truth is that I did not imagine that a pilot of Jorge’s level could be free“, said the Aprilia boss in Mugello.

About Marc, in brief

The outcome to this “Ducati soap opera”as he labeled it Pedro Acosta, will arrive shortly. “We will decide before the Assen race,” he said. Davide Tardozzi, the team leader of the official Ducati. Marc himself had set the same date for Sunday. “I would like to resolve it before Assen, but I am very calm,” he said.

The good thing for the parties is that now there is a break, because after the postponement of the Kazakhstan GP, ​​there is no activity on the track until the weekend of June 27-28 and 29, with the Dutch GP.



Source

Davide Piano

An experienced journalist with an insatiable curiosity for global affairs on newshubpro

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button